Study Abroad Information Sessions
Tuesday, April 5 at 3:00 pm
Robertson Library, Room 208
Wednesday, April 6 at 3:00 pm Atlantic Time
Join us on Zoom
"The World is Yours!"
The Office of Study Abroad and International Collaboration and funding partner Global Skills Opportunities support international learning experiences for UPEI students! Our programs consist of short- and long-term credit bearing experiences including study abroad, co-operative education work terms, faculty-led courses, and internships. We have over 60 partner universities waiting for you!
With over 60 exchange partnerships in 23 countries, students who qualify can design their own Study Abroad programs that allow them to explore and experience the richness of other countries while earning UPEI credits.
In order to qualify for our exchange programs students must have a minimum of one full year of studies complete (ten courses) and hold a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.7.
Studying at one of our partner schools will allow you to:
- Take unique courses in your field of study that are not offered at UPEI;
- Gain independence and other new life skills;
- Make new friends from around the world;
- See the world first hand; and
- Enhance your employability after graduation.
You will not regret your adventure!!
Dispelling myths about studying abroad:
- All courses you take at the host school will be transferred back to UPEI—you will not fall behind.
- All tuition fees and student fees are paid to UPEI while you are gone—you will not incur huge host school fees (small fees may apply).
- Most of our partner schools teach in English, regardless of the national language.
- International students can also study abroad—you do not have to be a Canadian citizen (some program exceptions).
- You are still eligible for student loans while studying abroad.
- International placements are options for our co-op students.
Are you interested in studying abroad?
I’m here to help! Please make an appointment to visit me at the Office of Study Abroad and International Collaboration.
Manager, International Programs
Office of Study Abroad and International Collaboration
Robertson Library Annex, Room 225